Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sugar!

After going to the Naturopath last week, I slowly eased back into eating sugar (and I've quite enjoyed it, I might add). I had one day of the breast sensations, attacked them with extra acidophilus, and though I'm still eating a little sugar, I've felt really good since that day.

Here's my issue: I really like losing weight. But giving up sugar just to help lose weight? Has never worked for me. I'm actually a little "bummed" that I've been able to eat sugar, just because I'd done so well off of it, and I'd seen so much progress! Funny how ridiculous I am sometimes.

I'm technically at my pre-Evy weight now. I'm not the same size yet, but that's coming. However, I was about 10 pounds up when I got pregnant with Evy, so my goal is 175-ish.

I want to set a goal to have one treat a week, and make it so I have something to look forward to. But I feel so deprived and rebellious right now, like I "deserve" to make up for all the lost treats, that I don't think that would work! Ridiculous? Yes.

But I really want to shed these last pounds. Really, really want to.

My goals:
  • Go to the gym 3 times a week.
  • Three days a week John and I do push-ups, and the other 3 days we do side planks and sit-ups. I love that we're setting a good example for our kids. JuJu and Lucille usually exercise with us. JuJu is actually pretty good! She does her push-ups on her toes, even. She's a trooper.
  • As always, no soda, candy bars, pre-packaged cookies, etc.
  • Lose the last 8-10 pounds in my sleep. :)

4 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am impressed with how quickly you are shedding the pounds. You go girl!

I like your goals. I need to make some definite ones because these pounds that aren't leaving me are driving me bonkers ... yet I am not willing to give up sugar for them, although this week I did really well about not eating treats. I might need to revisit portion sizes, too.

FarmerElwood said...

Why does sugar have to be so addicting!!! You have done so well. All I can do is exercise and hope for the best.

Lara said...

Opps, wrong computer again!

Carrie said...

Oh, Laura! I go through the same mindset with sugar. I'll try to go off of it, and then I'll eat it because I "deserve" it. That is so hard to get past! AARGH! I love reading your blog! Thank you! You're really motivational.