I'm a fan of Dr. Phil. I was even on his show once. Well, I was in the audience and they showed my picture twice, and that's as close to being on his show as I ever hope to be. Unless, of course, he's giving me a week-long spa vacation in Hawaii for being such a wonderful person.
His book, "The Ultimate Weight Solution Food Guide" has what I consider the most reliable Body Weight Guide I've ever seen.
Most Body Weight Charts I've seen say that as a 6' tall female, I should weigh around 150-160. After I had JuJu, I worked hard and got to what I felt like was a great size and weight for me: 170 and a loose 12. That's my goal now, and even though I'm 6 pounds from that weight, I'm a size 14, so I still have several inches to lose.
What's your Get-Real Weight?
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I'm only 5'8" so mine is 150. Boy, I'm far away from that, even pre-pregnancy. That's what I weighed in high school, and I was a size 5, I can't imagine being that skinny again.
Thanks for letting me be a part of your blog. I am hoping it will be a reminder of things that I do know- I am just not doing. You are an inspiration!
I like the chart as a guideline, but for me, 140-150 is comfortable and I'm 5'3". I was a 12 and I think I weighed 160 and thought I looked fantastic, though, too. I like how he says it's a weight that makes you feel good inside and out... I don't like going by what a chart says I should weigh. :) You're doing awesome! How motivating you are to me!
I'm 6'0" like yourself, but I can't decide if I want to shoot for 160 or 155. I'd really like to be a size 10 again but I'm wondering if it would be more realistic to shoot for a loose 12; right now I'm a loose 14. Aaah, baby weight! I really liked what the book said. Before kids I weighed 125-130 and even less in high school. I know I look better now but it's hard changing the mental picture I have of myself.
I have found that eating cereal is a great snack/sweet saver for me. Crunchy so I feel like I'm snacking, but sweet so I get my sugar. I'm excited to check out your granola!
I'm 5'8" so somewhere between 135-150 I guess. I was at 138 before I got pregnant with Haley and loved that size. We don't own a scale, so I usually just have to go by how my clothes fit, and I actually really like it that way.
That's the most realistic chart I've ever seen.
I'm 5'5" and I was 135 right after my mission (all that walking got me there), and it was like he said...comfortable. Though, there will be huge celebration when I hit the tippy top of that range for me, 148. I will be so proud of myself for that! Ahh, the clothes I will buy...
Post a Comment