Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy holiday of monsters and eating candy unrestrained

I really do like Halloween, but all the candy and sweets (just the beginning of the next two months of weight-gaining temptations) makes me sick to think about.

What are your goals for not sliding down the hill you've been working so hard to climb? I don't know about you, but I do not want to lose those same 4 pounds, yet again!

I won't make the goal to not eat any candy, because then when I do, I'll give myself permission to eat as much as I want. That's just my rebellious nature.

Goals/Plan:
  1. wait until the day of or the day before Halloween to buy candy
  2. buy candy I'm not tempted by
  3. when raiding my girls loot, limit myself to five pieces
  4. eat a real meal before raiding said loot, so I'm just having a treat, and not satisfying actual hunger
  5. continue exercising every day
I've seen a bit of progress in my numbers, which is very encouraging to me. The thought of having to work off that progress again makes me want to barf. I've worked really hard, enjoyed doing it, and would rather maintain that progress, than re-do it. Savvy?

1 comment:

Kay said...

I find that I'm not really tempted by candy so much. And being off chocolate has really limited me to the sweets I can have. Most sugary candy doesn't really entice me, but I am looking for sweet stuff quite frequently. Like sugar cookies... Mmm... Why can't stuff that's bad for you just taste like dirt??