I first heard about "The End of Overeating" when my friend blogged about it 8 months ago. I was hesitant to read it. Why? Because I didn't want to give up sweets! They make me happy, so without them, I'd be miserable, right? John is off sweets right now for "made-up Lent." Did I go off them with him? Not a chance. Sweets make me happy. Masochism is against my religion.
Just reading about how food is a drug and totally identifying with that was a huge perception shift. What? I'm not a druggie! I don't take anything harmful or addictive into my body. But food? I'm totally addicted and I anticipate the reward I'm going to get from it. Like when I have a nice-sized dinner and then help myself to a little more? I'm not hungry in that moment. I don't need those nutrients to sustain life. I'm a food druggie getting a hit off of second helpings.
Stay tuned for "Food Rehab"...
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm not sure I want to hear anymore about this book you're reading. I'm totally addicted to food and I'm not interested in changing! I know, I'm bad. But I'm at a point in my life where I can still work out enough to compensate for my eating. Which is both good and bad. Give me a few years and I might have to read that book myself!
Post a Comment