Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I had a very bad past few days. Lots of pizza, cake, ice cream, hot dogs, chips. My body feels yucky.

I think it's important to tell you about this. One, because it gives me an ounce of accountability. But not much. Because let's face it, if I blogged about every time I overate, I'd be on here all the time. But more importantly, to let you know that I'm not perfect! I eat pretty well. 75% of the time. But if all I did was tell you how well I'm eating, and how much I'm losing, and how excited I am, then 1) it would be a lie, and 2) no one could relate to me.

Today I ate at least 3 pieces of delectable chocolate Costco cake. Maybe 4. I can't remember. Last night I ate 3 pieces of Costco pizza for dinner. I wasn't hungry after the first 1 and 1/2, but it tasted so good! And I had cake last night, too. And I ate some ice cream today. I ate 2 hot dogs on fluffy white buns Friday night. And I had Doritos with them. And I ate at Cheesecake Factory Saturday. Leftovers on Sunday.

It was yummy. I love hot dogs.

What's funny, is that with all the junk yum I ate, I really missed my apples! I've been eating one or two a day lately, and they make my body feel so good. But when I eat not-so-healthy, I don't leave room for apples. I snack on chocolate cake instead. mmm...

So, it's repentance time. The chocolate cake is gone (I finished the last piece tonight), and the apples are calling my name from the pantry.

Keep on keepin' on!

3 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Thanks for keeping it so real. I think it is so motivating to hear both the bad days and the good days people experience. It helps us feel inspired - and able - to climb back on the bandwagon once we have slipped because we are following the example of others who also have ups and downs.

Thanks for being so honest and brave :) !! And I hope you at least enjoyed your chocolate cake ... yummers :) !!

Kathy said...

I have days like that also! I love your honesty and you spur me on to do better after falling off the wagon of healthy eating. Carry on!

Kay said...

I love hot dogs too! Maybe it's in our genetics. Corn dogs too... Mmm... People think I'm crazy when I tell them how much I like hot dogs, most times I'd rather have a hot dog than a hamburger or steak or anything. I love 'em!