Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Feeling Soft

I didn't do very well at exercising every day. I feel soft. The Body Pump class I go to helps me feel ... tight? strong. I missed it a lot. I only gained 2 pounds, but that's 7000 calories I get to work off. again. argh.

Not only that, but I'm not as in shape as I was when I left a month ago. I can't work as hard, for as long, and I can't use as heavy of weights. It's really amazing how much more energy I have when I'm exercising regularly. My thighs had also started feeling tighter before I left, and they feel soft now, too. argh.

Goals:
Exercise 4 times a week
Have a green drink every day
Not buy anymore chocolate chips... this week. or next.

To offset this utterly whine-fest post, I need to name a few positives.
I had a fun time on our vacation.
My body works.
I like to exercise. I didn't use to, so I consider that a great blessing.
I'm not so soft that my clothes don't fit.
There's always repentance.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Really? You like to exercise, but you didn't used to? Those words really give me hope! And seriously, considering how many hours you spent on your vacation just driving, I think 2 lbs is fabulous!

Lara said...

But does your four year old squeeze your arm EVERY SINGLE DAY and say, "You chubby mommy. You chubby," and laugh?

Brandon and Natalie said...

Can I just say that I love this blog! I am more of a lurker than a commenter. Your blog seriously gives me inspiration to keep on working out. Thanks so much for writing it.

I agree, only 2 lbs gain for a month vacation is pretty good.